I. Resources Introduction
Studiometry 11.1 and newer can now manage lists of resources and their corresponding schedules. Resources can be used to track items such as conference rooms, equipment, or anything else that could be associated and reserved with a to do or event.
II. Creating Resources
To create a new resource, either:
- Click the Plus (+) button in the bottom left of Studiometry's main window and select "New Resource"
- Or select File Menu > Create New > Resource...
This will bring up the resource editing window where you can enter the resource's name, information, and Type/Group. The Type/Group is used for sorting and grouping resources in lists.
III. Editing and Deleting Resources
You can view your list of resources by selecting the Calendars group in the left pane Studiometry's main window. If Calendars does not appear in your groups list, you will need to enable it by doing the following:
- Click the Gear icon in the bottom left of Studiometry's main window
- Select View Settings
- Under Show in Group List, make sure Calendars is checked
- Click Apply and close the window
Once you have Calendars selected, all current resources will be listed below the employee calendars. You can double-click a resource here to change the name, group, or information.
To delete a resource, you can do any of the following:
- Right-click on the resource in the list and select Delete Resource
- Select the resource and press the delete or backspace key
- Select the resource and click the large minus (-) button in the bottom left of Studiometry's main window
IV. Assigning Resources to To Dos and Events
The main purpose of resources is to assign and reserve them using To Dos and Events. Studiometry will help alert you if a resource is booked by more than one event for the same time, and will give you several indications of the status of resources in relations to events and to dos.
You can assign a resource to a to do or event by doing either of the following:
- While editing the to do or event, go to the Resources Tab, and check one or more resources you'd like to reserve
- Or, drag any to do or event from the calendar onto a resource in the resources list and confirm any changes in the subsequent window
The Resources tab is quite simple, displaying all of your resources within their groups in alphabetical order. Simply check the resources you'd like to reserve for the current item.
Resources that are already reserved by another item for the desired date and time will appear in gray, and any conflicting items (items that are both reserved for the desired date and time by another item AND checked as reserved for the current item) will appear in red with a warning sign indicating that the item is double-booked.
If a resource is already reserved, you can mouse over the resource's name for information about what and when the resource is reserved for.
Before saving any changes, Studiometry will alert you within the To Do/Event editing window if there is a conflict for resource booking, and will also alert you if you attempt to change the date of an item by dragging it within the calendar.
V. Viewing Resource Statuses
There are many ways to view the status and availability of resources in Studiometry. Any to do or event that has resources assigned will display the resource icon within the calendar next to its name.
You can right-click on any to do or event within the calendar to quickly view the assigned resources and employees.
You can also view an entire resource's calendar by simply selecting it from the list of resources in Studiometry's second pane in the main window.
This will only show items that have been assigned to the selected resource, giving you a calendar of just the schedule for that resource. You can do the same for a resource group/type by selecting it in the resources list, or you can simply select the "Resources" row to view all items that have been assigned resources.