There are two ways of changing which machine will act as your Studiometry server. The first way is to manually copy your data folder from your old machine to your new machine. You can only do this if you are a registered as it will cause issues with any trial data.
1. Quit Studiometry on all machines.
2. Locate your data folder on your old server machine. On Mac this is located at: Home/Library/Application Support/Studiometry/
On Windows, you need to search your machine for "com.studiometry.plist" including hidden and invisible files. When that file is found, you should copy the entire parent folder named "Studiometry" to the new machine.
3. Copy your data folder from your old computer to the same location on the new computer.
4. You settings, data, and registration information will now be available on your new computer. You can open Studiometry on the new server machine to verify everything has copied correctly and then go to the Window Menu > Status Window option to verify Studiometry is running as a server.
5. You will now have to tell the client machines to connect to the new server's IP address. To do this, when you open Studiometry press "Connect to a Different IP Address" (Studiometry 7 and newer) and enter the new server's IP address.
6. Once you've connected, the client machines will all sync to the new server location and automatically connect to this location on subsequent launches.
The second way of changing your server involves simply telling one client machine to act as your Studiometry server. This may not be the ideal solution, because many settings and files are saved on your server machine that are not saved on client machines. If you'd like to continue with this way of changin your server:
1. On your client machine that you'd like to have as your new server, go to Studiometry's Preferences Window > Networking section and select "This Computer as Server"
2. Quit Studiometry on your old server machine and all other client machines. This will prevent other clients from connecting to your old server machine.
3. Launch Studiometry on your client machines. You will then get a window saying that Studiometry could not connect to the server. Click the "Connect to a Different IP Address" (Studiometry 7 and newer) and enter the new server's IP address.
4. Once you've connected, the client machines will all sync to the new server location and automatically connect to this location on subsequent launches.
How do I change the Studiometry license number from the old machine to the new one ? is it necessary to do that ?. On method 1
You can just install Studiometry using the license on the new machine. As long as it isn't running on the old machine simultaneously you should have no issues. If you're receiving a warning about your serial number being registered on the maximum number of devices, please open a support ticket with us and provide your serial number so we can reset it for you.