Receipts can now be branded and completely customized using Studiometry’s powerful, built-in template editor. Studiometry can create receipts for incoming payments, and even have them automatically emailed to your Clients. Now these receipts can display your company logo, branded colors, custom notes, and anything else you want to include.
Studiometry 12.1 also adds several other features and fixes in this free update for registered 12.x and Studiometry Cloud users. See the version history below for all of the details.
Full Version History:
- Can now customize and brand receipts generated with Studiometry using the built-in invoice template editor
- Auto-Emailed receipt feature now uses the customizable receipt template
- Added several new variables for use with Payments in Invoice, Report, and Receipt templates
- Improved built-in Project summaries by adding several fields to the Project Quoted vs. Actual Summary
- Can now show project's total invoiced amount in Quoted vs. Actual Summary
- Can now show project's total purchase order amount in Quoted vs. Actual Summary
- Can now show project's total PO vs Invoiced total to see Operating Profit in Quoted vs. Actual Summary
- Added Copy to Clipboard button in Program Memory > Auto-Complete List
- New option to suppress vendors in new project and other drop down lists
- Will now prevent the app from quitting if there are items in the Cloud send queue
- Will no longer show deleted items in Watch List lists
- Will now grab Company contact info from Studiometry Cloud when initially syncing
- New buttons in Preferences Window > My Info to save and load company contact info to/from Studiometry Cloud
- Can now initiate a clean sync from Studiometry Cloud by using Cloud Menu > Clean Sync from Cloud
- Using the dock menu to quit Studiometry will now go through more checks before allowing a quit
- Can now hold shift when saving a Debt or To Do to capture descriptions even when auto capture is disabled
- Improved reliability of syncing items that are modified while not connected to Studiometry Cloud
- Added more checks for various syncing methods to ensure data integrity in the event of network or server issues
- Fixed issue with printing code-based templates on Mac in OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Download Studiometry 12.1:
Buy Studiometry now:
Where are the new receipt templates? I don't see them with the invoices and reports.
In the Preferences window > Billing Settings section, you can now click the "Edit Custom Receipt" button to bring up the template editor. That template will be used for your generated receipts from within the app.
If I want to show type of payment, for example, "deposit" toward the total, what is the best way to indicate it on the receipt?
Also, is there a way to show the balance of the total invoice?
Near the bottom of the Edit Payment screen, there is an area with two tabs; Payment Method and Notes. Click on the Notes tab and you have a text field to enter as much detail as you like about that payment.
In the Custom Receipt Template editor, there is a PaymentNotes variable which you can add to your receipt template to display any content which may have been placed as a note when the payment was entered.
With regard to the second part of your question, there is a ProjectBalance variable which may be useful for you as long as you don't have multiple invoices open on the same project.