Big update! This one contains many improvements to both Cloud and non-Cloud syncing. We've also added in some other user-requested features and fixes. See the full change log below.
Studiometry 12.2.4 is a free update for registered users of Studiometry 12.x, and is available today for download and purchase. New users as well as users of previous versions will get a free 30-day trial. Upgrades from Studiometry 11.x start at $59.95 USD per license, while upgrades from 10.x or older are $99.95 USD per license.
New in Studiometry 12.2.4:
- Several improvements to both Cloud and non-Cloud syncing and networking
- Now much better at receiving and sending a large number of changes to/from Studiometry Cloud
- CLOUD: Improved various aspects to our company management system
- CLOUD: Added new account preference to limit Last ID increments to 50 or less
- CLOUD: Will now remove token notifications older than 4 days
- CLOUD: Will now remove multi-login-notifications older than 4 days
- CLOUD: Added project search window to Timesheet web interface
- Employees assigned projects report will no longer include and combine sub-project amounts in the Employee Estimated Hours column
- Added DebtCategoryEstimatedHours and DebtCategoryEstimatedTotal variables for templates
- Added totals row for all number columns in project quoted vs actual report
- Added option to import as Vendors in the Import Clients from Address Book window
- Added Project Menu > Edit Project Estimate Settings...
- Fixed issue with visual templates not being openable via drag-and-drop on OS X
- Fixed issue with server not being able to use Quick Initial Sync with extremely large databases
- Fixed issue with client machine crashing when receiving extremely large databases using Quick Initial Sync
- Fixed memory leak related to sending large amounts of data through the server sockets
- Fixed issue with image library and visual templates not correctly syncing over non-Cloud networks if the server machine hadn't recently viewed that item
- Will now fit more information when printing All Invoices list
We're running SM 11 but interested in the Cloud version and have two questions: 1. Do we need to pay to upgrade to 12 before signing up for Cloud? 2. Do we still have our data saved locally so we can access it without an internet connection?
@Magenta Thanks for asking!
No you don't need to pay for upgrades with Studiometry Cloud. An active Cloud account gives you access to all current versions of Studiometry without paying any upgrade fees. Just install 12.x and sign up for your free 30-day trial and you'll be good to go. After the trial is over you'll be charged the regular monthly/yearly price, but you do not need to upgrade or use your existing 11.x licenses for any of this.
Yes the Cloud syncing functions will store the data locally on each machine/device, and then sync all changes when you connect. If you can't access the internet you'll be able to load and use your current database, and then all changes will be synced to/from the Cloud the next time you have internet access.